Maryland HS Government and MISA Assessments UpdatesNovember 1, 2017
Maryland HS Government and MISA Assessments UpdatesNovember 15, 2017
As we begin this year's assessment testing, it is our goal to keep you informed of upcoming events with the Maryland HSA assessments. Here are some key points to be aware of this week.
- Please visit the Maryland Help and Support website to view all help guides, user guides, and other helpful information regarding the Maryland HSA.
- We will periodically update the help guides through out the window as new information needs to be disseminated. Please check back often for updated versions.
- The refresher trainings recorded last week are posted.
- The HSA Portal is now open. LACs should have received an email with their individual username and temporary password from MarylandProgramManagementTeam@measuredprogress.org. If you did not receive an email, please check your Spam or Trash folder. If you are unable to locate the email, please contact the Measured Progress Service Desk or call toll-free at 866-207-8804.
- LACs must create accounts for school test coordinators and technology coordinators within their LEAs.
- LEA 24 STC accounts have now been created. If you did not receive your credentials, please contact the Measured Progress Service Desk as soon as possible.
- The first pre-ID window is November 1 - 15. LACs and LEA 24 STCs must upload pre-ID files to the HSA Portal as soon as possible. When creating the pre-ID file, please be sure to use the CSV template provided on the help and support site.
- The certification test window is November 20 - December 8. The purpose of this test is to allow local students, schools, and LEAs to go through the steps necessary for operational testing. This should be treated as a mock operational test. The actual test content will be practice test items to help familiarize the students with the new testing platform.
- Technology Coordinators must install the HSA Kiosks and TestMonitor (if it is deemed necessary) before the beginning of the certification test window November 20 - December 8.
- As long as TestMonitor is installed and activated, TestMonitor will automatically sync the Certification Test content by November 20.
- The second pre-ID window is December 13 - 20. LACs and LEA 24 STCs will be able to upload pre-ID files to the HSA Portal again. Note that paper materials will not be ordered based on any data uploaded during this window.
- Program School Process Document. We have been discussing a solution for the students testing at Program Schools and how it will need to be entered in the HSA Portal. These students will need to be uploaded during the second pre-ID window in December. We are in our final review of the process document and it will be posted to the Maryland Help and Support site by 11/10/17.
- Paper practice test materials are available for downloading and printing.
- As a reminder, paper materials for the January administration will be ordered off of the SR/PNP files submitted during the November 1 -15 enrollment period. Any materials needed after that date will need to be ordered through the Additional Materials site.